This data was produced by the site-based archaeological survey at the nuraghe S'Urachi in west-central Sardinia (San Vero Milis, Oristano, Sardinia). The survey was carried out from 2015-2017 as a part of the ongoing Progetto S'Urachi, an archaeological project that aims to understand daily life around the monumental Bronze Age tower of S'Urachi during the later occupation of the landscape over the course of the 1st millennium BCE. This dataset includes data collected in 2016-2017, when we excavated a series of test trenches across the archaeological site in order to ground truth the results of the surface survey conducted in 2015. We excavated 5 small trenches in areas of archaeological interest, which were identified on the basis of surface collection of archaeological materials and geophysical survey results. These were called Test Trench 1, 2, 3, 4, and Area F. Each trench was excavated stratigraphically and all finds were collected and studied in the laboratory.
|Citations to related material
- Dommelen, Peter van, Enrique Díes Cusí, Linda R. Gosner, Jeremy Hayne, Guillem Pérez-Jordà, Damià Ramis, Andrea Roppa, and Alfonso Stiglitz. 2018. “Un millennio di storie: nuove notizie preliminari sul Progetto S’Urachi (San Vero Milis, OR), 2016-2018.” Quaderni. Rivista di Archeologia 29: 141–65. https://www.quaderniarcheocaor.beniculturali.it/index.php/qua/article/view/46
- Gosner, Linda R., and Alexander J. Smith. 2018. “Landscape Use and Local Settlement at the Nuraghe S’Urachi (West-Central Sardinia): Results from the First Two Seasons of Site Survey.” Fasti Online Documents & Research: Survey Series, no. 7: 1–27. www.fastionline.org/docs/FOLDER-sur-2018-7.pdf.
- Gosner, Linda R., Jeremy Hayne, Emanuele Madrigali, Jessica Nowlin. 2020. New Evidence for Local Continuity and Phoenician Influence in the Ceramic Assemblage from Iron Age Su Padrigheddu (West-Central Sardinia). Proceedings of the IX Congreso de Estudios Fenicios y Púnicos. Myrta 5: 1649-1657. https://scholars.ttu.edu/en/publications/new-evidence-for-local-continuity-and-phoenician-influence-in-the
- Madrigali, Emanuele, Linda R. Gosner, Jeremy Hayne, Jessica Nowlin, and Damià Ramis. 2019. “Tradizioni e interazioni nella quotidianità dell’età del ferro. nuove evidenze da Su Padrigheddu (San Vero Milis, OR).” Quaderni. Rivista di Archeologia 30: 107–26. https://scholars.ttu.edu/en/publications/tradizioni-e-interazioni-nella-quotidianit%C3%A0-dellet%C3%A0-del-ferro-nuo
- Stiglitz, Alfonso, Enrique Díes Cusí, Damià Ramis, Andrea Roppa, and Peter van Dommelen. 2015. “Intorno al nuraghe: notizie preliminari sul Progetto S’Urachi (San Vero Milis, OR).” Quaderni. Rivista di Archeologia 26: 191–218.
- Gosner, Linda R., Jessica Nowlin, and Alexander J. Smith. in preparation. Ground-truthing the Site-based Survey at S’Urachi and Su Padrigheddu (West-Central Sardinia): Results of the 2016 and 2017 Seasons.