How to Upload
Uploading your data to Deep Blue Data is a straight-forward process, but you will need to take some time to prepare your data.
Before starting an upload, review the Prepare Your Data page to be sure you:
- Gather all the information you will need for depositing your data
- Meet the conditions for deposit
Log in to Deep Blue Data to get started! If this is your first deposit, you will need to create an account with us.
Once logged in, you will be taken to the dashboard page. In addition to depositing data, the dashboard provides you with information about your deposits and account settings.
Describe Your Work
- From the user dashboard, select Deposit Work
- Enter Metadata for the data set. The minimum required information for your work includes:
- Title (Provide a descriptive name of the work. What is it formally known as?)
- Creator (The person, organization or service primarily responsible for making the work.)
- Method (The way the dataset was collected: equipment used for sensing, survey methodology, etc.)
- Description (May include, but is not limited to: an abstract, codebooks, a free-text account of the work, etc.)
- Date Created (The date the work’s data were created, as determined by the creator.)
- Creative Commons License (Depositors must choose to apply one of several Creative Commons Licenses to the data.)
- Select the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- In the Attach Files section at the bottom of the page, check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the Deep Blue Data Deposit Agreement.
- Select All of the files that comprise your data set (including the documentation of read files that you have created to provide context for your data). If your files are contained in a folder you can Select folder to upload them all.
- Repeat steps 1-2 to add more files to your work.
- Once all files have been selected, click on the Start Upload button.
Mint a DOI
- Review the information entered and selections made. Look everything over carefully and make changes if needed. Once submitted this information in the minted DOI cannot be changed.
- Once you have described your work and attached your desired files to it, select the Mint DOI button under the Attributes Heading in the Work Detail page to request a DOI for your work and to make your data accessible to the public.
- You have 24 hours after the DOI is requested to make changes to the work. After 24 hours, the work description and files associated with the work will be permanent and unalterable. If you need to make changes after the initial 24 hour period you will have to mint a new DOI for the work.
Congratulation, you have deposited your data!
Have Questions? Need Help?
Please contact Research Data Services - email@example.com
This document was last updated on May 15, 2018