University Musical Society (University of Michigan) Records
The materials in this online repository form part of a larger University Musical Society (University of Michigan) Records collection held by the Bentley Historical Library. For more information about the materials, please consult the collection's online finding aid.
For questions or more information, please contact the Bentley Historical Library's Division of Reference and Academic Programs
Organized in 1879 to "cultivate the public taste for music," the Society sponsors concert series, opera, dance and theater performances at the University of Michigan. The records consist of director’s files of Albert A. Stanley, Charles A. Sink, Gail Rector, and Kenneth Fischer; include correspondence relating to performances and management of the Society; ledgers and account books, board of directors minutes and packets; files concerning the Choral Union, the University of Michigan School of Music, the Henry S. Frieze Memorial Organ Fund, and Hill Auditorium; also visual materials and audiotapes of Board meetings.
Copyright of material produced by the University Musical Society is held by the Regents of the University of Michigan but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright is not held. Copyright to portraits of artists may be held by the artist. Patrons are responsible for determining the appropriate use or reuse of materials.
Access to digitized sound recordings may be limited to the reading room of the Bentley Historical Library, located on the Ann Arbor campus of the University of Michigan.