- Yakel, Elizabeth, Suzuka, Kara, and Frank, Rebecca
- These data collection and analysis protocols and the attribute list are part of a larger research project, the Institute of Museum and Library Services # LG-06-14-0122-14. funded "Qualitative Data Reuse: Records of Practice in Educational Research and Teacher Development." As such, our research questions concern data reuse and data curation: 1. Data Reuse: What are the dynamics of the data reuse lifecycle (from selection of data through the reuse of data) in a qualitative digital educational archive? 2. Data curation: What special issues are involved in curating digital qualitative data for reuse? • How can qualitative data archives best support data reusers throughout the data reuse lifecycle? • What aspects of this experience are informative for other types of qualitative data archives? The overall project employed mixed methods and collected interview, observational, and trace data from data reusers of video records of practice in education and repositories holding video records of practice. The interview protocol and interview codeset relate to the 44 interviews conducted with researchers and teacher-educators who have reused digital video records of practice as qualitative data for research and/or teaching.
- Data curation, Data reuse, and Digital records of practice in education
- Citation to related publication:
- Frank, Rebecca D, Tyler, Allison R. B., Gault, Anna, Suzuka, Kara, and Yakel, Elizabeth, (forthcoming), "Issues of Privacy in Qualitative Video Data Reuse," International Journal of Digital Curation , Suzuka, K., Frank, R., Crawford, E. & Yakel, E. (2018). Video re-use in mathematics teacher education. In E. Langran & J. Borup (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 329-336). Washington, D.C., United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/182544/., Frank, R. D., Chen, Z., Crawford, E., Suzuka, K. and Yakel, E. (2017), Trust in qualitative data repositories. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 54: 102–111. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/pra2.2017.14505401012, and Frank, R. D., Suzuka, K., & Yakel, E. (2016). Examining the Reuse of Qualitative Research Data: Digital Video in Education. In Archiving Conference (Vol. 2016, pp. 146–151). Washington, DC: Society for Imaging Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.2352/issn.2168-3204.2016.1.0.146
- Qualitative Data Reuse: Records of Practice in Educational Research and Teacher Development: Interview Protocol, Qualitative Data Analysis Codeset, and Attributes for the Interviews