- Liang, Jun and Wang, Zihan
- The aim of the research to study the temporal evolution of the Sub-Auroral Polarizations Streams (SAPS) with multiple instruments. Aurora images are important to identify the electrodynamics in the high latitude ionosphere. Data used in this research were collected and provided by Dr. Jun Liang at University of Calgary, and analyzed by Zihan Wang for the article accompanying this deposit. The data was collected from all sky imagers (ASI) located in Saskatoon, Canada. and saskrainbow01.sav contains the rgb channels from ASI. It can be opened using IDL. saskasiskymap.gm5 contains the sky map of the ASI. It shows the geographic location of the figure pixels. aurora_diff.pro is the procedure to recover the data from saskrainbow01.sav and make plots. draw_colorbar.pro is the procedure to add a colorbar to the plot. mlon_smp_towang.pro and rebinsmpkeo_towang.pro can together make keogram plots. Run mlon_smp_towang.pro first and then rebinsmpkeo_towang.pro.
- All Sky Imager
- Citation to related publication:
- Wang, Z., Zou, S., Shepherd, S. G., Liang, J., Gjerloev, J. W., Ruohoniemi, J. M., et al. ( 2019). Multi‐instrument observations of mesoscale enhancement of subauroral polarization stream associated with an injection.Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, 124, 1770– 1784. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JA026535
- RAINBOW All Sky Imager data